1. Where does your inspiration come from?
I've always been inspired by romantic love. As corny as it sounds, I've spent most my life dreaming about finding my prince charming and being in love. I finally did meet him, and still think romance is one of the most wonderful, mysterious, beautiful, and magical things to experience. How does it work? Where does it come from? To me, its a beautiful mystery. So photographing weddings is something that fits me quite well :) Even if I wasn't a photographer... I think I'd find some way to stay in the industry. Next to romance, I feel pretty alive when I see bold, colorful patterns, and beautiful scenery.
2. What is your big why? What keeps you going professionally?
I believe we all have gifts and its enriching to use them! I think that I have a bit of talent with a camera and setting others at ease, and I love using it to give a couple an incredible wedding day experience and photos they love to look at for years to come. There isn't a better feeling than hearing from a couple after the wedding day that they had the best time at their wedding and they love the photos from me! I guess what keeps me going, is knowing that if I wasn't doing photography(or something creative), my gifts would be sitting there, unused. The people who could be blessed by them would not be receiving them. And that sounds sad to me.
3. Favorite San Diego restaurants? I haven't been here long, but so far, my favorite spots to eat and drink have been Encinitas Fish Shop, Pizza Port, and Bier Garden in Encinitas. Also, Pillbox Tavern in Solana Beach has the best BBQ chicken quesadillas I've ever had!
4. Favorite guilty pleasure? Watching the Bachelor and Bachelorette! I know its trash... but it pulls me in every time!
5. One random fact: After seeing the movie Step Up 2: The Streets, I was inspired to buy a learn how to breakdance DVD. But, breakdancing turned out to be way harder than I anticipated. I tried. I failed.